Cover photo: Aerial view from November 17, 2022 of the site where a rocket attack killed two men in a village in Poland. WOJTEK RADWANSKI, DAMIEN SIMONART / AFP
- Last night, 34 attack drones were destroyed in Ukrainian skiesThe Air Force said on Thursday that Russian forces fired 44 missiles.
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) is unable to ensure the safety of the Zaporizhia nuclear power plant, which is occupied by Russian forces, Greenpeace estimates in a report sent to Western governments on Thursday. The UN body, which only has four inspectors on site, does not have the resources to fulfill its mandate and is faced with too many restrictions, the environmental protection organization believes.
- The Ukrainian army advanced slightly near Bakhmut in the east of the countrysays the Institute for the Study of War in its daily update. “Geolocal images released on September 26 indicate that Ukrainian forces were advancing near Orikhovo-Vasylivka,” 10 kilometers northwest of Bakhmut, he specifies.
- Sébastien Lecornu, the French minister of the armed forces, began a visit to Kiev on Thursday. announces the French Embassy in Ukraine. His visit began with a moment of reflection in front of the Heroes’ Wall. He will be accompanied by representatives from around twenty companies.
- Russia is ready to negotiate provided its interests and security are taken into account and there is no prior ceasefireForeign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in an interview with the TASS agency.
- Iran could sell drones and missiles to Russia after UN restrictions on ballistics expire on October 18, according to the Institute for the Study of War (ISW). Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu visited Tehran on September 19 to discuss military cooperation with Iran, ISW recalls.
- “We don’t need this grain war, neither does Poland.”, explained the head of Ukrainian diplomacy Dmytro Kuleba, believing that the election campaign in his neighbor and ally was fueling bilateral tensions on the issue. “We did not cause this crisis and are absolutely inclined to end it,” he said in an interview with the Interfax-Ukraine agency published on Thursday, believing that the tensions stemmed from the October 15 elections in Poland.
Watch our live broadcast from Wednesday September 27th by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Interview. “The Russian opposition in exile has no undisputed leader”
Decryption. In Russia, Putin’s demographic failure
Chronic. “The diplomatic campaign against Russia initiated by Volodymyr Zelensky is also full of pitfalls”
Tribune. “Let’s not betray Ukraine!” Let’s not betray ourselves! »
Decryption. Central Asia is intensifying trade with Russia
Factual. In Canada, Justin Trudeau issues ‘sincere apology’ after mistakenly honoring former Nazi soldier
Decryption. American Abrams tanks just delivered to Ukraine, a weapon that alone will not win the war
Reporting. With Ukrainian soldiers trained abroad: “I told them, the NATO trainers, that their manuals do not apply to us”
Examination. Have European countries extradited Ukrainian refugees of fighting age?
Investigation. There is a weapon of mass destruction in Russia
Cards. The maps of the war in Ukraine since the Russian invasion began in February 2022