Cover photo: Building hit by a Russian missile in Dnipro, January 17, 2023. VITALII MATOKHA / AFP
- Ukraine halted its search for survivors in Dnipro on Tuesday, January 17 (Centre-Est) in the rubble of a house destroyed by a Russian missile. This is one of the deadliest bombings of the war: the number is at least 45 dead, including six children.
- According to an initial report by Prosecutor General of Ukraine Andriy Kostin, “fragments of the rocket were foundthat allow us to identify it as a Kh-22 supersonic cruise missile “, according to a press release from the presidency. “These missiles are only available in a unit of the Russian Aerospace Forcesthe 52ᵉ Heavy Bomber Regiment,” he adds.
- Andriy Yermak, chief of staff to the President of Ukraine, stressed “the importance of Creation of an international special court Charge “Russian leadership and all criminals” with “Russian aggression against Ukraine,” a statement said.
- The Commander-in-Chief of the Ukrainian Army Valeri Zaluzhny has hit For the first time on Tuesday in Polande US Chief of Staff Mark Milleyto whom he communicated his “urgent needs”.
- Chancellor Olaf Scholz found himself under increased pressure in Davos on Tuesday in order to approve the delivery of German tanks Leopard 2, which Kyiv has been demanding for weeks, also by third countries equipped with them.
Find our live yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
decryptions. What we know about Andrei Medvedev, the Russian deserter from the Wagner Group who fled to Norway
In pictures, in pictures. In Dnipro, Ukraine, life stands still in the ruins after a Russian bombardment
Video. The European Union condemns a Russian “war crime” in Dnipro
podcast. Vladimir Putin and the winter strategy
decryption. European countries promise first tanks in Kyiv
Factual. Ukraine, an excuse for corruption in Russia
Report. With the war in Ukraine, the future of the Sainte-Geneviève-des-Bois Russian cemetery, the largest abroad, is uncertain
Detection. In France, the counter-offensive of the pro-Russian media
Interview. Andriy Yermak, Volodymyr Zelensky’s right-hand man: “It’s the Battle of Verdun of the 21st century that’s happening right now”
Factual. The world’s answers to your most frequently asked questions