Cover photo: A car drives past a Russian missile fragment after an attack in Kramatorsk, Donetsk region, Ukraine, Saturday, September 2, 2023. LIBKOS / AP
- The Ukrainian army announces that it has broken through the first Russian defense line near Zaporizhzhia, in southeastern Ukraine. According to Ukrainian General Oleksandr Tarnavsky, who was in charge of this counteroffensive, the advance was permitted after weeks of mine clearance. He added that the advance of Ukrainian troops should now be faster, as, in his opinion, Russian forces have devoted most of their resources to building the front line.
- According to the Donetsk regional prosecutor’s office Two people were killed and two others injured in a bomb attack in the town of Vouhledar on Saturdayin eastern Ukraine.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky welcomed on Saturday that “Ukrainian armed forces are advancing.” “Despite what can be said, we are making progress,” the Ukrainian president wrote in a message on “.
- The Nobel Foundation announced Saturday that it would not invite the Russian ambassador to the Nobel Prize ceremony in Stockholm in December, after his invitation the day before sparked a wave of outrage. Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesman Oleg Nikolenko called the decision a “victory of humanism.”
- A Ukrainian court on Saturday ordered businessman Ihor Kolomoisky, who is accused of fraud and money laundering, to be detained for two monthsa spectacular decision against one of the most powerful businessmen in the country.
Watch our live broadcast from Saturday September 2nd by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
Investigation. Why Russia is increasingly carrying out drone attacks on ports in southern Ukraine
Interview. Yuri Felshtinsky, historian: “Nothing will change in Russia until the security services are dismantled”
Reporting. The elite tennis center in Cannes, home to Russian players
Decryption. Critical support of American strategists for Kiev’s counteroffensive
Encounter. Dmytro Kuleba, Ukrainian Foreign Minister: “Russia has become Europe’s biggest enemy”
Decryption. Robotyne, first Ukrainian breakthrough into Russian defense lines
Reporting. Between Kiev and Kramatorsk, the anger of the Ukrainian soldiers in the train that connects the front with the rear
Cards. The maps of the war in Ukraine since the Russian invasion began in February 2022