Cover photo: A woman pauses to look at Ukrainian flags placed in memory of those killed in the war near Independence Square, Kyiv, January 20, 2023. Daniel Cole/AP
- Kyiv on Saturday deplored the West’s “indecisiveness” on heavy tank deliveries while some of its European allies have openly criticized Germany after it refused to supply its Leopard tanks to Ukraine when the Russians were on the offensive.
- The fifty or so countries represented in Ramstein did not agree on Friday to send heavy tanks to Kyiv. Quote from The Voice of America, However, Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said Ukrainian soldiers would soon be training on Leopards in Poland.
- Mr Reznikov announced on Saturday that he had received Britain’s first Sea King helicopter, “an important reinforcement for the Ukrainian Navy”. He didn’t say how many were delivered, but London pledged in November to supply Kyiv with three helicopters.
- Federal Defense Minister Boris Pistorius said on Sunday to the national Sunday newspaper picture on Sunday that he plans to visit Ukraine soon“probably within the next four weeks”.
- On Saturday, the Russian army claimed to have been conducting “offensive operations” in Zaporizhia Oblast (southern Ukraine).which made it possible “ more advantageous lines and positions”, without giving further details.
- Russia also announced that it had conducted air defense exercises near Moscow. to protect its critical infrastructure in the event of “airstrikes” in the context of the conflict with Ukraine.
- RT France, the French subsidiary of Russian broadcaster RT that has been suspended in the European Union, announced its “closure” on Saturday. the day after his bank accounts were frozen. Moscow has promised to retaliate against French media in Russia.
Find our live yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
decryptions. German-French couple: An anniversary in the shadow of the Ukraine war
Factual. Anti-aircraft batteries installed on the roofs of Moscow
Factual. The Russian news channel RT France announces its “closure”.
Factual. Russia promises ‘retaliation’ against French media after RT France asset freeze
decryptions. Ukraine: the unexpected resistance
Factual. Germany is still reluctant to supply main battle tanks to Ukraine
decryption. Western Tanks in the Ukraine War: An Overview of Their Role and Tactical Use
Factual. The world’s answers to your most frequently asked questions