Cover Photo: Downtown Bakhmout was bombed by the Russians on Sunday February 12, 2023. LIBKOS / AP
- Members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) are meeting in Brussels this week discuss the next deliveries of weapons and ammunition to Ukraine. “No decision is expected for fighter jets on Tuesday,” assured several delegations. But “the delivery of combat aircraft is being discussed,” promised the Secretary General of the transatlantic organization, Jens Stoltenberg.
- In the Bakhmout region, the situation near the village of Paraskoviïvka is “complicated”, confirmed the Ukrainian presidency on Monday. This village is about ten kilometers from the center of Bakhmout, which is “intensely bombed and attacked” by the Russians.
- The Russian army claims to have taken the village of Krasna Hora, in the immediate vicinity of Paraskoviïvka. She thus continues her attempt to surround Bakhmout. The fortress city of Donbass has acquired the status of a symbol of the struggle between Moscow and Kiev for control of this industrial region in the east.
- In Koupyansk, a liberated city, the fear of a return of the Russians. The Ukrainians retook this eastern Ukrainian city in September after a lightning-fast counteroffensive. But with the Russian military just 10 miles northeast of it, Ukrainian forces are on high alert.
- Silvio Berlusconi blames Volodymyr Zelensky for the war in Ukraine. On Monday, the former Italian prime minister blamed the Ukrainian president for the almost year-long Russian invasion, opposing the unconditional support of Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni in Kiev.
- Olympia 2024: According to the mayor of Kiev, Russian athletes should only take part if they denounce the war. Russian athletes should take a public stand against the war in Ukraine if they want to compete in the Paris 2024 Olympics, Kyiv mayor and former world boxing champion Vitali Klitschko said on Monday. “Russian and Belarusian athletes cannot compete in the Paris Olympics unless they say ‘no’ to the war. If they say it publicly, they can, but they’re scared,” he said in an interview with Agence France-Presse.
Find our live yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Chronic. “Russia did not suffer the economic “collapse” announced by Bruno Le Maire at the end of February 2022”
Interview. Alexei Venediktov: “Hate has invaded every Russian family”
decryptions. Cybersecurity: The dilemma of Russian hackers
decryptions. The war in Ukraine plunges the world into the era of cyberattacks
Synthesis. Olympic Games 2024: IOC President Thomas Bach reacts to Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Chronic. In Ukraine, memories of the war are already finding their way into museums
Reporting. In Ukraine, anti-aircraft, Kiev’s guardian angel in the face of Russian missile salvos
Editorial staff. War in Ukraine: Adjusting rhetoric to reality for Europe
Thorough. The world’s answers to your most frequently asked questions