Cover photo: Workers hoist an American flag at the location where U.S. President Joe Biden is scheduled to deliver a speech February 19, 2023 in Warsaw, Poland. STF/AP
- Emmanuel Macron told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Sunday that he would support his peace plan, during a phone conversation between the two heads of state. On Twitter, Mr. Zelensky praised “the continuation of a friendly dialogue” with Mr. Macron and confirmed that they had spoken of “the implementation of the peace plan”.
- France will deliver AMX-10 light tanks to Kiev by the end of the week. In an interview with Le Parisien, Armed Forces Minister Sébastien Lecornu spoke of the need to “give Ukraine the means of self-defense” and reiterated that there was “no taboo” including possible future deliveries of fighter jets.
- According to the Ukrainian Prosecutor General’s Office, 461 children have been killed and 924 injured in Ukraine since the war began almost a year ago. Most casualties were recorded in Donetsk Oblast in the east of the country, where 445 children were killed or injured. According to the public prosecutor’s office, these figures are preliminary.
- Three people died and five were injured in Russian attacks on the village of Bourhounka near Kherson (south) on Sunday morning.informed the administration of the Kherson region by telegram.
- Beijing is considering arms sales to Russia to support its offensive in Ukraine, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned on Sunday.after meeting his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference.
- Russia on Sunday condemned Emmanuel Macron’s remarks, which were reported by the French press. Mr Macron said he wanted Russia to be defeated in the conflict between him and Ukraine, while saying he wanted to prevent Russia from being “crushed”.
Find our live yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
decryptions. A year of war in Ukraine: not a collapse, but an economic turning point for Europe
Interview. Wendy Sherman, US Undersecretary of State: “With the Europeans, we need each other”
narrative. Volodymyr Zelensky, The Russian Years
narrative. Volodymyr Zelenskyy or the Soviet Childhood of a President at War
reporting. In Ukraine, soldiers freeze their sperm before going to the front
Investigation. Video: How the Ukrainian army resisted Russia during a year of war
podcast. How Auchan and Leroy-Merlin contribute to Vladimir Putin’s war
Thorough. The world’s answers to your most frequently asked questions