https://assets-decodeurs.lemonde.fr/redacweb/ukraine-cartes-infographie/derniere-maj-ukraine-avancee-russe.png https://assets-decodeurs.lemonde.fr/redacweb/ukraine-cartes-infographie /last-update-ukraine-advanced-russe.png 30 Enlarge the situation on the map
Cover photo: Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi (2G), French President Emmanuel Macron (3G) and German Chancellor Olaf Scholz (D) visit Irpine, June 16, 2022. LUDOVIC MARIN / AFP
The posts of this live tracking are activated between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. Paris time.
- US President Joe Biden on Wednesday announced additional military aid worth a billion dollars to Ukraine.. In particular, this new support includes artillery pieces, grenades, surface-to-sea missiles and “modern rocket launchers, which the Ukrainians need for their defensive operations in Donbass”.
- The Russians continue their attack on the city of Sieverodonetsk and its neighbor Lysyhansk, two key cities of Donbass, and other localities in the region. The Ukrainian authorities have admitted in recent days that their troops have been driven out of Sievierodonetsk city center and that they are left with “complicated lines of communication” after destroying all bridges to Lysychansk.
- Russia on Wednesday accused Kiev forces of blocking the evacuation through a “humanitarian corridor”. Civilians at a factory in Sieverodonetsk, a city in eastern Ukraine occupied by the Russian army.
- Emmanuel Macron, visiting a NATO base on Wednesday, called for “continued cooperation equipment and financial efforts” towards Ukraine. He judged it was time to give Ukraine “clear political signals” about the country’s EU accession. According to German and Italian media, the French President, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz and Italian Prime Minister Mario Draghi are expected in Kyiv on Thursday.
- The United States on Wednesday urged China to stop supporting the Russian invasion in Ukraine so as not to “put themselves on the wrong side of history” after a phone call between Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin.
- Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Çavusoglu says it is possible to create “safe corridors”. to transport Ukrainian wheat across the Black Sea without having to defuse sea mines near Ukrainian ports.
You can find our live from yesterday here.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Detection. Resistance, communication and ingenuity: in the cogs of the Zelensky machine
decryptions. Destabilized by the war in Ukraine, French military intelligence is looking for a respite
Thorough. Emmanuel Macron believes the time has come for “new talks” with Kyiv
grandstand. “Russia is very often associated with tweets dealing with cyber risks”
Thorough. In Belgium, environmentalists oppose increasing military spending
grandstand. “It is not enough to freeze the assets of Russian oligarchs, it will be necessary to prevent their return”