Cover photo: At the funeral of a boxing coach killed after a rocket attack in Dnipro, eastern Ukraine, January 17, 2023. VITALII MATOKHA / AFP
- Defense ministers and high-ranking military officials from around 50 countries are meeting at Ramstein Air Base in Germany on Friday. around US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin. Their talks will focus on coordinating assistance to Ukraine, and in particular on the supply of heavy armor and advanced anti-aircraft systems.
- Several countries are expected to announce their intention to send Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine, assured the Lithuanian defense minister on Thursday and spoke of several hundred units. Finland already announced military aid of 400 million euros on Friday. to Ukraine, which contains artillery and ammunition but no Leopard heavy tanks.
- Several European countries announced the delivery of large quantities of military equipment to troops in Kyiv on Thursday: the United Kingdom will deliver 600 Brimstone missiles; the Denmark decided to donate all nineteen French-made Caesar long-range guns; the Sweden will deliver long-range Archer-pattern SPGs; and Estonia will send howitzers, ammunition and grenade launchers in particular.
- For its part, the United States on Thursday announced a new tranche of military aid to Ukraine totaling $2.5 billion. This new envelope envisages sending armored vehicles, but not heavy tanks like the Abrams, which Washington is not yet ready to deliver to Kyiv, and justifies this refusal with maintenance and training issues.
- “In the Zaporizhia direction, the intensity of hostilities has increased sharply”Vladimir Rogov, the head of the Moscow-appointed regional occupation authority in Zaporizhia, said in a telegram on Friday.
- The United Nations have announced their first convoy of humanitarian aid had arrived near Soledar in eastern Ukraine on Friday.
Find our live yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Factual. European countries step up military aid to Kyiv
Report. Ukrainian Post, a lifeline in a country at war
Factual. In the United States, the other “war” against Russia involves offshore accounts, mansions, and yachts
Report. “Without them we would be like Russian soldiers, homeless”: in Ukraine with NGOs supplying combatants with weapons
grandstand. Pierre Lellouche: “Isn’t it time in Ukraine to think about a way out of this war? »
Factual. RT France: The days of the Russian news channel are now numbered
Chronic. Alain Frachon: “Russia feels dependent on China after a year of this war it waged against Ukraine”
decryptions. Investigations have been launched in Ukraine after the death of the interior minister in a helicopter crash
Factual. The world’s answers to your most frequently asked questions