The United States reported that it will begin receiving applications for these beginning next Wednesday, October 5, after noon the Green Card Lottery for the 2024 financial year.
the so-called visa lottery was launched to diversify the immigrant population in the United States, by selecting the majority of applicants from countries with low rates of migration to that country in the last five years.
“The Migration Act of 1990 was introduced the diversity visa program, by which there are 55,000 immigrant visas in an annual lottery beginning in fiscal year 1995,” the US embassy in the country reported in the previous period. The number of visas available will remain valid for the next period.
As in the previous period Guatemala enters the countries selected for this application, so that all persons born in the country qualify for the 2024 visa program.
“The federal government excludes from the visa lottery to the countries that added more than 50,000 migrants to the United States in the last five years. For this reason, like last year, citizens of Brazil, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico and Venezuela cannot participate,” recalls the El Nuevo Herald.
Instead, they appear in the Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Granada, Guatemala, Guyana, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Uruguay.
the embassy has recommended that applications be submitted as soon as possible and don’t wait until the last moment.
Also read: The US inaugurates a new embassy in Guatemala and Popp explains what will happen to the existing building
As general recommendations Embassy authorities have issued these tips:
- The application is free, There are no fees and any suspected fraud must be reported to the US Embassy websites in the country.
- No need to use a broker or agent. If in doubt, help should be sought from people you trust.
- Submit the online application, what will he put available from the US Embassy.
- The whole family must appear on the application. “If you enroll, you must provide your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application, even if they do not intend to move to the United States with you. Failure to include relevant family members will invalidate your application.”
- Only one application per person should be completed. If a single Guatemalan submits multiple applications, they will be disqualified.
- You need a valid passport because information such as the number, the country of issue and the expiry date are required.
- Print the confirmation number once printed. “This number is the only way to check the status of your application. If someone helps you complete your application, please make sure they get your confirmation number,” the letter reads.
- The confirmation number should not be disclosed For safety.
- The only way to see if you’ve been selected by entering this confirmation number to the website that will activate the embassy.
- need to have an email account; however, no notification is sent to the user in this way.
- The message is a reminder that you are being chosen it does not mean that you already have the secure visa; A consul will conduct an interview to determine if you qualify.
- If you are selected, you will find a link, also unlocked by the embassy, with the requirements you will need to submit later.