1672690360 Tribute to a legend FIFA will ask all countries to

Tribute to a legend: FIFA will ask all countries to have a stadium named Pelé

Tribute to a legend FIFA will ask all countries to

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, better known as Skin, died of terminal cancer last Thursday 29th December. The Brazil team’s top scorer was embalmed and the wake held in a coffin with an open urn for everyone to say their goodbyes. Thousands of fans came to the Vila Belmiro Stadium to watch ‘king‘.

The President of conmebol, Alejandro Domínguez, the owner of the Brazilian Football Federation (CBF), Edinaldo Rodriguez and the President of the FIFA, Gianni Infanta. The latter spoke some heartfelt words on the death of Pelé. “He is eternal, an icon of world football. Pele did many things in football that 99% can only dream of and the other 1% did it after Pele. For this reason we are here with great sadness, but also with joy, the joy of Pelé. Pele’s smile,” he began.

“I felt a lot of emotions, sadness but also a smile because (Pelé) gave us a lot of smiles. We will ask everyone to observe a minute’s silence,” he added.

Finally, the head of the highest organization in world football surprised the media present by reporting on the initiative after Pelé’s death: “We will demand that all countries in the world have at least one stadium named Pelé so that children know its meaning,” he said.

Check out the records set by Pelé

The Brazilian is considered one of the most emblematic and influential soccer players in the football world. He is not only known for his world title, but also for his records in the history of the sport. Here you can check the most noticeable ones.

  • Youngest World Cup goalscorer (17 years and 239 days)
  • Youngest World Champion (17 years and 249 days)
  • Top scorer of the Brazilian team (77 goals in 92 PJ)
  • Paulista’s youngest top scorer (17 years old)
  • Top scorer most times for Paulista (11)