These are the requirements to work in the United States if you are a foreigner    d  cuba

These are the requirements to work in the United States if you are a foreigner d cuba

Many are the ones who wonder what they are Requirements to work as a foreigner in the United States.

And this is not surprising, because the number of foreigners who want to work in this country has always been very high and has been increasing in recent years.

Today we summarize all the information about it What qualifications must an alien meet to work in the United States without being a US citizen or lawful permanent resident?.

First, The main requirement that a foreigner must meet to work in the United States is a legal permit.

Said legal approval can be temporary or permanent, which are precisely the two classifications of US visas based on employment, both with different validity periods and conditions. They are:

  • Visas for temporary workers, non-immigrants
  • Permanent work visa

In memory of the conditions that must be met in both cases and how long they can work in the United States, applicants should know that this depends on the immigrant classification issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Temporary worker visas are one of the most common ways to get a job in the United States.

The same are given to thousands of non-immigrants who want to work in this country each year by the employer filing an application with USCIS, is the basic requirement in this type of category.

However, some classifications within nonimmigrant visas for work in the United States do not require employer approval.

These are E-1 (Treaty Traders and Skilled Employees), E-2 (Treaty Investors and Skilled Employees), E-3 (Certain Australian-born professionals with special occupations) and TN (Temporary Australia Free Trade Agreement Professionals). North America ( NAFTA) from Mexico and Canada).

In the same way, those temporary workers who have a spouse and children residing outside the United States and who are considered to be dependents of non-immigrants can apply for a visa at the consulate or embassy in their home country, unless they are exempt.

people who already have legal nonimmigrant status in the United States may apply for a change or adjustment of status to become a lawful permanent resident.

On the other hand, if an individual meets all eligible educational and/or work experience requirements in addition to skills apply for a visa to live and work permanently in the United States.

Within this last category again There are 5 preference classifications based on employment:

  • First Preference or EB-1 is the visa to work in the United States specifically reserved for people with exceptional ability in science, arts, research, education, business or sports, including as managers of multinational companies.
  • EB-2 is the work visa for professionals with a university degree or excellent qualifications in the arts, business or science.
  • While the Third Preference or EB-3 visa is best for skilled workers or professionals.
  • The fourth preference, or EB-4, is reserved for “special immigrants”, such as B. some religious workers, retired personnel of international organizations, employees of the United States Foreign Service or child aliens who are under the protection of the courts in this country.
  • EB-5 is the fifth preference for business investors valued between $500,000 and $1 million and is also a new company employing at least 10 full-time employees in the United States.
  • Some of these permanent visa classifications require the worker to have one Job posting submitted to USCIS by your employer in the United States.

    However, others must also obtain a United States Department of Labor (DOL)-approved employment certificate before the employer submits its official application.

    The first, fourth and fifth preferences do not require a certificate of employment, while the second and third do.

    Although those applying for EB-2 may also have a national interest waiver, in which case they would be eligible in the same way.

    Approximately 140,000 immigrant visas are issued each year to foreign nationals (and their spouses and children) intending to work in the United States.