The original plan was for the Colombians to return to their country on Tuesday. Due to procedures between Peru and Colombia, they will wait until Wednesday.
the Colombian government enabled a humanitarian flight in support of the Deportivo Pasto team, stranded since Thursday 19 due to protests and attacks at Alfredo Rodríguez Ballon airport in the city of Arequipa. Originally, the Tricolor team was scheduled to return to their country on Tuesday, but there is still paperwork and players will have to wait.
It is worth remembering that on January 13, Pasto arrived in the Peruvian countries to play a friendly duel against FBC Melgar. His return trip was scheduled for Thursday 19th, but since that day the operations of Alfredo Rodríguez Ballón Airport in Arequipa have been suspended due to the intensification of the protests against Dina Boluarte.
It should be noted that around 10:00 a.m. this Tuesday, the Colombian Minister of Transport, Guillermo Reyes, announced on his Twitter account the approval of a flight by the Colombian Air Force to pick up the sports team from The Jewel Air Force Base. He even estimated that the footballers should already be on Colombian soil between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m., which did not happen.
In the hope of a return, the team conducted the preliminary investigations this Tuesday. In the morning they went to the migration office to have their passports stamped. Then, around 11:00 am, they returned to their hotel in the Vallecito area, where even a bus and a police patrol car were waiting for them. They also loaded the props into the back of the vehicle.
In the absence of a travel confirmation, however, the sports equipment was returned to the hotel at around 2:00 p.m., where the 31-strong team also stayed. It was learned that the procedures between the countries of Peru and Colombia for boarding the plane. The campus hopes to have the green light to return to coffee countries this Wednesday.
During his time in Arequipa, Deportivo Pasto had friendlies against FBC Melgar and Binacional. He had another friendly arrangement with Melgar this Tuesday, but it was put on hold due to the possibility of his return.