(Montreal) Three other suspects, a minor and two 19-year-old men, have been arrested by the Service de Police de la Ville de Montréal (SPVM) in connection with Monday’s attack on a 16-year-old teenager graduating from Calixa-Lavallée- School in Montreal North.
Updated yesterday at 3:58pm.
The SPVM had confirmed on Friday morning in a press release that three young people had been arrested the day before in connection with this file. It is a 16-year-old young man and two other 19-year-old men.
The 16-year-old suspect appeared in the youth chamber on Friday. Isaac d’Haïti and Wood Constantin, 19, appeared at the Montreal courthouse on the same day, in the afternoon. They are charged with aggravated assault and criminal harassment.
A first suspect, aged 17, was arrested by Montreal police on Wednesday as part of that investigation. According to Véronique Dubuc of the SPVM’s media department, the arrested teenager did not attend the school in Calixa-Lavallée where Monday’s attack took place.
That day, around 4:20 p.m., a conflict between several people on the grounds in front of the school escalated. The suspects are said to have fled the scene with a blunt object after seriously injuring the victim’s torso.
On Monday evening, the SPVM confirmed that the young man was out of danger.
In a statement released Tuesday, the police department said it had taken several actions near the school, including assigning a social communities officer to support students, parents and staff.
The Montreal Police Department is still investigating the case.
With the Canadian Press