A man discovers a SYRINGE floating in a can of peaches he bought from Coles – and he’s been eating the fruit with his Weet-Bix every day for two weeks
- A Perth man who found a shocking discovery in his breakfast wants the product recalled
- Dave McKell found a syringe plunger in his half-eaten can of Gold Reef peaches
- Coles apologized to the customer and will investigate with the product supplier
A man has recalled his horror at finding part of a syringe in a half-eaten can of peaches he bought from Coles.
Perth’s Dave McKell had been eating Gold Reef canned peaches from the same can on his Weet-Bix every morning for the past two weeks before spotting the syringe plunger floating in the syrup.
He says his breakfast ritual has now been ruined by the disturbing discovery.
It has also sparked health fears for Mr McKell, who is set to undergo blood tests in the coming days to ensure he does not have a serious illness.
“I saw the top and I was like, ‘What’s that white thing on top,’ and found the whole butt sitting there,” he told Nine News.
Dave McKell was shocked to find the plunger of a syringe in his half-eaten can of peaches
“I’m a bit put off by peaches now. I could go pears.’
Mr McKell said he bought the 825g tin from Coles Greenwood Village in north Perth weeks ago and returned to the store on Sunday to update staff about the incident.
He’s now sharing his story to warn others as he called for a product recall to be enforced.
“I’d love to see it come off the shelves for a start,” he said.
“They (the staff) wanted me to fill out an incident report and they wanted to take the can from me, but I didn’t want them to take the can.”
Dave (pictured) had been eating contaminated canned peaches for the past two weeks
David McKell is now calling for a product recall of the popular product (pictured)
Coles says there has never been an incident with the supplier of the product, which is packaged in South Africa with local ingredients.
The product is sold at Coles stores for $3.
“We apologize to the customer for their experience,” Coles said in a statement.
“We take this matter very seriously and will be investigating with our supplier.”
Chron Australia contacted Coles for further comment.
Coles in Greenwood Village, north Perth, was informed of the contaminated canned peaches