Photo: Noam Galai, Axelle/Bauer-Griffin (Getty Images)
In breaking news, which raises another question about celebrity Stan culture, rihanna has reportedly tapped an alleged abuser and a working musician, actor, director and artist Johnny Depp in their upcoming Savage X Fenty Vol. 4 show. Yes, you read that correctly.
Sources just revealed to TMZ – the same outlet that first reported he would be appearing at this year’s Video Music Awards – that Rihanna and co. invited Depp to appear on the critically acclaimed show and that “both sides were super excited.” to make it happen”. Depp, who will become the first man in the show’s history to have his own “star segment,” has reportedly already filmed his role. The show will be released on November 9th on Amazon Prime Video.
This bulletin came (straight from hell) just a day after Vogue released exclusive photos from the production. In addition to Depp, viewers can expect performances anita and Burna boy; Cameos of models including Irina Shaik, Cara Delevingneand Precious Lee; and dozens more stars decked out in Savage X Fenty lingerie. Notably, none of the pre-released photos included Depp, but sources told TMZ the mood for his look was “cool and chic.”
Fans are rightly confused, as I quickly read on Twitter. one writes: “Rihanna really saw a guy who hasn’t used shampoo in months and put him in a fashion show, I can’t.” And Another: “Crazy for me. Literally in what world. where is your team your publicist? YOUR BRAIN.”
Honestly, maybe we should have seen this coming. Since his alleged abuse in court aired, we’ve learned that Depp was a renaissance man capable of finding love and securing several new streams of cash, and that he pretty much only made the most of his one wild one and ” Destroyed Life.”
G/O Media may receive a commission
Still, of all the troubled men in Hollywood that Rihanna has to include and dress in—God forbid—silk, lace, or that onesie, Depp definitely feels like what we like to call a choice.
- Hot for teachers! Speaking of the Savage X Fenty Show…Sheryl Lee Ralph looks like her has some lessons for the girls. [Billboard]
- And while we’re on the subject: The Lady of Darkness (aka Cassandra Peterson) replied KylieJenner‘s Elvira costume, seen on Instagram: “It would have been even more flattering if she had tagged me.” Peterson has been tagging Jezebel lately. [Daily Mail]
- More wisdom: Adele said Jennifer Lawrence not to star in the 2016 film Passengers. But hello? On the other side was a $20 million paycheck. [Variety]
- AubreyPlaza should soon cause a little chaos as a Marvel villain. [Entertainment Weekly]
- Don’t call it a (kete) comeback: No, Kim Kardashian and Peter Davidson not rekindling the spark that once burned so brightly that, on the advice of their grandmother, they had sex in front of a fireplace. [TMZ]