For those with keen ears, you might have noticed a slight tweak to the WWE signature intro before tonight’s “Raw.” The inimitable “Woo!” from WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair has been added back to the intro video of WWE Programming for the first time since Fall 2021.
Flair took to Twitter to react to the adjustment, writing, “The most hurtful moment of my ENTIRE career was losing my seat. Thank you for giving me back my dignity and my life! @WWE @VinceMcMahon #WWERaw.”
After a Dark Side of the Ring episode titled “The Plane Ride From Hell,” WWE distanced itself from “The Nature Boy” amid renewed controversy surrounding his name. The show spawned some negative stories about the boy of nature, including exposing himself to a flight attendant and, she claimed, encouraging her to touch his genitals. Not only did they remove Flair from the signature WWE intro, they also removed all of Flair’s merchandise from the WWE Shop. That was around the time the company began taking pre-orders for a $999 Flair Legacy replica belt, but the page was taken down.
The first sign that things were smoothing over between Flair and WWE came in the form of an announcement about a two-hour documentary about Flair’s “never-before-revealed history.” Writer, producer and director Tom Rinaldi, who has worked with ESPN, is collaborating with WWE and Flair to produce the documentary for fans of the WWE Hall of Famers.
As previously mentioned, Flair is also gearing up for his final match during Starrcast V Weekend, which will be broadcast live on FITE TV as a pay-per-view event on July 31st. Below is the confirmed card up to this point:
* Ric Flair’s farewell match against an unnamed opponent
* Impact World Champion Josh Alexander vs. Jacob Fatu
* Impact Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rachael Ellering
* The Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)
* Killer Kross (with Scarlett Bordeaux) vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
* Former WWE Stars Lina Fanene (Nia Jax) and Tyler Breeze also make appearances
Do you have a news tip or correction? send it [email protected]