1672681348 Pele Wake Thousands of fans came to Vila Belmiro to

Pelé Wake: Thousands of fans came to Vila Belmiro to say goodbye to the Brazilian

Pele Wake Thousands of fans came to Vila Belmiro to

Edson Arantes do Nascimento, known as Skin, died December 29 after a long battle with colon cancer. The only one to have won three world championships and with a flourish his people will remember, the athlete is veiled at the club’s Vila Belmiro Stadium FC Santos. Today, January 2nd, the stands of the center stopped rumbling with joy to bid the most influential Brazilian soccer player of all time a final farewell.

Before leaving the earthly world, the Brazilian striker made requests to his family. Exactly, he wanted to be veiled in the stadium where he could scream with happiness so many times. In addition, he requested that his remains rest in the Ecumenical Necropolis Memorial.

Fans from different parts of the country were present to say goodbye to the king, who has made the front pages of the international press over the past few days. Likewise the President of FIFA, Gianni Infantino, he devoted a few words to her.

Gianni Infantino dedicated words to Pelé

Gianni Infantino was at the Santos Stadium, accompanied by Alejandro Domínguez, President of Conmebol, and present Edinaldo Rodrigues, Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) holder.

“Pele is forever. Pele is a global football icon. Pelé has done many things in football that 99% can only dream of and the other 1% did it after Pele. It is for this reason that we are here with great sadness, but also with Joy, the joy of Pelé. Pele’s smile,” he said.

What did Pele die of?

Pelé died on December 29 from colon cancer, which hospitalized him for about a month. He was embalmed and the wake is held in a coffin with an open urn.