Murder of Mickael Paturot The victims son is charged with

Murder of Mickaël Paturot: The victim’s son is charged with complicity in the murder Guadeloupe on the 1st Overseas on the 1st

Three days after the murder of Mickaël Paturot, a murder investigation was opened. In a press release, the Pointe-à-Pitre public prosecutor’s office announces that the manager’s eldest son has been charged and remanded in custody. The 39-year-old entrepreneur was shot in his house on the night of Friday to Saturday (September 22nd to 23rd, 2023).

Guadeloupe La 1ère with Eric Stimpfling • Published on September 26, 2023 at 6:09 p.m., updated on September 26, 2023 at 8:00 p.m.

An “assassination” investigation has been launched after Mickaël Paturot, managing director, was found shot dead in his home in Gosier on the night of Friday to Saturday.

An autopsy was performed this Monday, September 25th. In a press release, the public prosecutor’s office announced that forensic examinations had confirmed that the 30-year-old died as a result of a gunshot wound. Another aspect revealed by Pointe-à-Pitre prosecutor Caroline Calbo is the use of video surveillance, which revealed the presence of several people near the victim’s house, at least one of whom was carrying a firearm.

On the evening of September 24th, the victim’s 17-year-old son appeared at the police station with his legal representative and a lawyer and stated that he had been in contact with the perpetrators.
At the end of his police custody this Tuesday, September 26, he was brought before a magistrate and charged with complicity in murder in connection with armed robbery and complicity in attempted armed robbery.
The freedom and detention judge then ordered him into custody.

However, many questions remain unanswered for the time being.

What are or were the motives that led to this murder? If there is no doubt about the theft, there may be other possible explanations.

Caroline Calbo points out that “lessons continue”.

However, there could be new developments in the coming days.

Firefighters were called around 11:50 p.m. and found the man “in cardiac arrest, with a serious chest injury.” Attempts at resuscitation were unable to save the 39-year-old victim.
The victim’s wife, who was present at the scene at the time of the tragedy, was “very shocked” and “evacuated to University Hospital,” said Caroline Calbo.