Legault must withdraw Proulx candidacy, says Dominique Anglade

Legault must withdraw Proulx candidacy, says Dominique Anglade

François Legault cannot keep ex-minister Marie-Ève ​​Proulx on his candidate team, says Liberal leader Dominique Anglade, following the Bureau of Investigation’s revelations of a new allegation of psychological harassment.

• Also read: Bullying: Another complaint is directed against MP Marie-Ève ​​​​​​Proulx

• Also read: CAQ MP Marie-Eve Proulx still upset

• Also read: Marie-Eve Proulx is stepping down with Legault ‘by mutual consent’

“It’s a question of values, a question of principles. We are in the year 2022. This behavior has no place anymore. And François Legault continues to tolerate this type of behavior,” criticized Ms Anglade on the sidelines of the announcement of the Liberal candidate in Ungava, Tunu Napartuk.

The Journal reported on Tuesday that a new complaint of bullying has been filed against Ms Proulx at the Administrative Labor Court over events that occurred after she was dismissed from her ministerial post.

For Dominique Anglade, the CAQ chief now has no choice but to sack Marie-Ève ​​Proulx, candidate for re-election in Côte-du-Sud. “It’s the gesture I would pose in his place,” launched the Liberal leader.

Ms Anglade had also dismissed MP Marie Montpetit from her apprenticeship after allegations of psychological harassment surfaced in the media.

“We should have a zero-tolerance policy on issues of harassment. By agreeing to have such candidates, François Legault supports this and sends a very bad message to the population in general, but also to our youth,” Ms Anglade said.

Marie-Ève ​​Proulx had already been the subject of a first complaint of bullying before the TAT, which was settled out of court in exchange for financial compensation paid from public funds.

Earlier, the Journal de Montreal revealed that 14 employees had left in less than two years, some of whom denounced a toxic climate, abuse, harassment and intimidation.