While nothing is finalized as of this writing about the origin of the craft recently shot down over Lake Huron, some are already beginning to fantasize about a future encounter with the little green men…or the beginnings of a new global conspiracy.
• Also read: Flying objects: “No evidence of extraterrestrial activity,” the White House assures
• Also read: Balloon similar to Chinese objects shot down, which was sighted in New Brunswick in July 2022
• Also read: Fourth aircraft shot down in less than a week
The Pentagon has confirmed that the “octagonal” object shot down on Sunday does not resemble the suspected Chinese surveillance balloon that was destroyed on February 4 off the Atlantic coast. And today, the White House affirmed that it had observed no evidence of extraterrestrial activity.
“I loved the movie ‘ET’ but I’ll just leave it at that.”
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Monday that there was “no evidence of extraterrestrial activity or extraterrestrial activity” behind the objects recently discovered over North American airspace. pic.twitter.com/fvC2dXnYNF
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) February 13, 2023
Still, it was the words of General Glen VanHerck, commander of the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD), that put the flea in our ears.
The latter wanted to remain evasive of the nature of this object, as recently shot down in the north of the American continent.
“I’m going to have that question answered by intelligence and counterintelligence,” VanHerck told reporters when asked if it was possible the objects were extraterrestrials, and concluded that wasn’t the case.
With each of these events, the question of possible contact with an extraterrestrial civilization arises again. This can be an alleged joke, like that of Elon Musk yesterday on Twitter.
Don’t worry, just a few of my 👽 🛸 friends of mine are stopping by…
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 12, 2023
“Don’t worry, it’s just some of my friends stopping by…” he wrote.
Or it can be the statements of the pilots who shot down these objects over North America.
According to CNN, they would never have seen these types of objects.
For some, such remarks are enough to cast doubt on an extraterrestrial origin or not of these objects.
Strange. A Pentagon official refused to determine the extraterrestrial origin for unidentified objects shot down.
— Tom Fitton (@TomFitton) February 13, 2023
This is exactly what one would expect if there were any evidence of extraterrestrials or extraterrestrial activity. Imagine the inflationary pressures of revealing the presence of extraterrestrial aliens! https://t.co/P5ghEzWgeT
— David Corn (@DavidCornDC) February 13, 2023
For others, such a claim is “stupid”, especially when one has to consider the technology required to conduct interstellar travel.
Just a word of warning: if you genuinely believe that extraterrestrial life, with the technology of getting here in spacecraft, would allow our “fighter planes” to shoot them down, then you’re a special kind of fool.
— #TrudeauMustGo Mike (@fireflame65) February 13, 2023
The answer might actually be simpler. As General VanHerck explains, the decision not to call the latest balloons is actually a conscious one.
“We call them objects for a reason. I can’t figure out how they stay in the air,” he explains.
And as History Channel star Giorgio A. Tsoukalos, “The Alien Guy” reminds us, UFO (unidentified flying object) doesn’t necessarily mean an otherworldly object.
“It’s like UFO news has its own Super Bowl… Unidentified flying objects are not necessarily unidentified extraterrestrial objects,” he explains.
It’s like UFO news has its own Super Bowl today or something. By the way, UFO doesn’t mean extraterrestrial. Unidentified flying objects are not necessarily unidentified extraterrestrial objects. Which country sent this? So far no one has come 4ward. Is it our own airships?
— Giorgio A. Tsoukalos (@Tsoukalos) February 12, 2023
Attempting a conspiratorial recovery
For several hours, several heralds of the conspiratorial sphere have been arguing that these “objects” are really just decoys used by the elites and major powers to simulate a global alien invasion in order to force the formation of a world government.
The buzzword #ProjectBlueBeam accompanies more and more media coverage of events in social networks.
Alex Jones warned in 2008
🚨 Project Blue Beam
Aliens are used for globalism
Making mankind think that every major city is about to be invaded by aliens
Then chaos will erupt and people will finally be ready, maybe even desperate, to accept the New World Order.… https://t.co/ayzWhXtMTG pic.twitter.com/6OWNsbrpUK
— INFOWARS USA (@InfoWars_tv) February 13, 2023
At the heart of this conspiracy theory is the late Serge Monaste’s 1994 conspiracy book – Project Blue Beam – and a 1987 speech by former US President Ronald Reagan.
For Monaste, NASA, the major agencies of the great powers, and the elites have been preparing for this “tribulation” for many years. Evidence of this would be this Reagan speech in which the ex-president claimed that the differences between the peoples of Earth would quickly disappear if we were faced with an extraterrestrial threat.
For conspiratorial circles, while COVID and other “crises” invented from scratch for them “would no longer work”, governments must create a new event to urge us to “the new world order” (on English “New World Order”) to accept. or “NWO”).
What’s next? #ProjectBlueBeam
It’s just Project Blue Beam and the people brainwashed to believe that COVID and UKRAINE will also believe in the coming FAKE alien invasion. pic.twitter.com/FIriw0WEnO
– Silas Xanders ⚔️ 🇺🇸 THE TRUTH 🇬🇧 MATTERS 🔥 (@ReflectionsV2) February 12, 2023
As a reminder, many specialists have recalled that the basis of this theory of the “NWO” remains primarily anti-Semitic.
And meanwhile, the saga of balloons and other objects discovered at high altitude continues unabated.
• With information from AFP