The American actor killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on October 21, 2021 on the set of the film “Rust” with a gun that was supposed to contain only blanks. The armourer is also accused.
American actor Alec Baldwin, author of a fatal shooting on the set of the 2021 film Rust, will be charged with manslaughter, a prosecutor said on Thursday, January 19.
The shooter in the film who handled the gun is the subject of the same charges, said Santa Fe County District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies. On October 21, 2021, that filming had become tragic when Alec Baldwin activated a gun that was meant to contain only blanks, but whose very real projectile killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, and injured director Joel Souza.
How did the sharp bullet get there?
The actor must fall from above, who said last August that he expects no one to be charged in the case. “I think investigators will say it was an accident,” he told CNN.
Alec Baldwin always stayed on the same line of defense, pounding that he had been assured his gun was harmless. The 64-year-old actor, best known for the 30 Rock series, also claimed not to have pulled the trigger, a claim that has been questioned by experts.
The police investigation attempted to determine how live ammunition could be found on the set, which is strictly forbidden to avoid accidents. Officials concluded that shooting gunsmith Hannah Gutierrez-Reed had put the ammunition in the gun used by Alec Baldwin instead of a dummy bullet.
Financial arrangement with the victim’s family
According to Sky News claims, a civil lawsuit brought by Mamie Mitchell, who is responsible for the smooth running of filming, would be directed against Alec Baldwin, Hannah Gutierrez Reed and David Halls, the assistant director who gave the actor the gun.
The latter was also the subject of civil lawsuits brought by Halyna Hutchins’ family. A deal, the amount of which was not disclosed, was announced in October.
Filming on the film is slated to continue later this year.