Observing animals in their natural environment is one of the most impressive experiences you can have in nature. There are hundreds of species worth discovering in the Pyrenees. The eight mentioned here are the most unique among the birds, mammals, amphibians and insects of this mountain range, and summer is a good time to look for them. Specific locations are named for each of them, where you can see how they try, yes, not to disturb them or change their habitat. Also included are some companies specializing in observation tourism that can facilitate the experience.
Companies specializing in observation tourism
- Pirinature (622 24 42 05; Benasque): bearded vulture, newt, marmot, wallcreeper, grouse…
- Bird watching Aragon. Web that brings together most of the birdwatching agencies in Aragon.
- Hiking trails from Ordesa (616 25 55 54). Sarrios, marmots, alpine birds, large birds of prey…
- Obaga Activities (619 93 82 67; Pallars Sobirà, Lleida). Special trips to see mountain butterflies, marmots and sarrios.
- Lacuniacha (974 34 24 26; Tena Valley, Huesca) and Aran Park (973 92 90 06; Arán Valley, Lleida). Pyrenean fauna in semi-freedom.