Controversial statements about sovereignists: Sandro Grande apologizes publicly

Controversial statements about sovereignists: Sandro Grande apologizes publicly

Former soccer player Sandro Grande, who briefly coached CF Montreal’s reserve team, apologized for his comments on social media in 2012, saying they were “inexcusable”.

• Also read: Montreal CF call-up: Pauline Marois ‘stunned’

• Also read: Another tile falls on CF Montreal’s head

• Also read: Gabriel Gervais takes full responsibility for Sandro Grande’s signing at CF Montreal

The 45-year-old invited the media to a press conference in Laval on Thursday. For the first time, the Montrealer has accepted the consequences of his actions. Ten years ago, Grande had made anti-sovereignist remarks and wished Prime Minister Pauline Marois dead after the attacks on the Metropolis.

“I am deeply sorry for my comments on social media in 2012. I am ashamed of myself. I made a huge mistake and I take responsibility for what I wrote,” Grande said.

“These words are not in my values ​​as a family man and father of two children who, like my wife, have been going through extremely difficult times since the announcement last week,” he added, fighting back tears.

Grande also said he’s learned his lesson and wants to correct his mistakes.

  • listen the Durocher-Dutrizac meeting with Sophie Durocher at the microphone by Benoit Dutrizac QUB radio :

The manager said he sent Ms Marois a letter of apology and received a “very nice” reply from her. He is also due to meet soon with the leader of the Parti Québécois, Paul St-Pierre Plamondon.