A 54 year old woman was found dead with signs of violence

A 54-year-old woman was found dead with signs of violence at Parc-Extension

Montreal police are investigating a suspicious death following the discovery of the lifeless body of a 54-year-old woman Sunday afternoon at an apartment in the Parc-Extension neighborhood. She would be the fourth woman to be killed in Quebec since the beginning of the year if the murder theory is confirmed.

Traces of violence were found on the victim’s body, said Montreal Police Department spokesman Jean-Pierre Barbant.

Photo agency QMI, Mario Beauregard

First, the police called for an armed attack on a residential building on Rue de Liège near Avenue Querbes.

At the scene, they found a 23-year-old man with stab wounds to his torso before being rushed to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

Photo Agency QMI, Mario Beauregard

A 26-year-old woman was arrested by police, who, after exploiting additional information, discovered the 50-year-old’s lifeless body in another apartment.

“You teach me! I always walk around here on my way home from work. It’s really shocking to know that someone would have been killed right there, ”starts Manon Nozahic in an interview with the Journal, pointing to a building on the corner of Querbes and Liège streets.

An imposing security area, consisting of more than a dozen police cars, attracted many onlookers at the end of Sunday.

“It’s a red light district. We are used to seeing the police for crimes in the area. We even bought pizza to come and watch. But we didn’t think anyone was dead,” admits young Marco, accompanied by his friend Yandel.

SPVM main crime investigators and forensic identification technicians were still on the scene Monday morning to analyze the crime scene and try to better understand what happened.

Photo Agency QMI, Mario Beauregard

The young woman, who was arrested because of the armed altercation, has not yet been met by investigators to see if she was involved in the fifty-year-old’s death.

In order not to harm the investigation, the SPVM did not want to say whether there was a connection between the arrested woman and the victim.