The 2023 NASCAR season begins at Daytona International Speedway.
Sunday’s race marks the high point of the start of the season as 40 riders will try to start on the right foot and claim their first win of the year in the hope that it will be enough to put them in a place for the round of 16.
Rookie Austin Cindric is the defending champion at Daytona while Alex Bowman took his third pole at the race. It’s the sixth straight year that Bowman has started on the front row — the most on track in NASCAR history. Bowman will start alongside 2021 NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Larson, who was on pole at last year’s race.
Austin Cindric celebrates after winning the NASCAR Cup Series 64th Annual Daytona 500 at Daytona International Speedway February 20, 2022 in Florida. (Jared C Tilton/Getty Images)
Here’s what you need to know about The Great American Race.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
When does the race begin?
Round 64 of the Daytona 500 begins at 2:30 p.m. ET. The race can be seen on FOX and heard on MRN.
Who is on the pole?
Pole Award winner Alex Bowman and Front Row winner Kyle Larson after the Busch Light Pole at Daytona International Speedway on February 15, 2023 in Daytona Beach, Florida. (Sean Gardner/Getty Images)
Alex Bowman will stand on the pole. It’s the third time he’s sat on the Daytona 500 pole. His Hendricks Motorsports teammate Kyle Larson will start alongside him. Joey Logano and Alec Almirola won their dueling races and will start on row two.
DALE EARNHARDT DIED 22 YEARS AGO TODAY AND HE WAS EVERYTHING GREAT ABOUT NASCAR
What is the starTLineup?
- Row 1: Alex Bowman, Kyle Larson
- Row 2: Joey Logano, Aric Almirola
- Row 3: Christopher Bell, Austin Cindric
- Row 4: Ryan Blaney, Chase Elliott
- Row 5: Chris Buescher, Brad Keselowski
- Row 6: Michael McDowell, Corey LaJoie
- Row 7: Kevin Harvick, Todd Gilliland
- Row 8: Bubba Wallace, Martin Truex Jr.
- Row 9: Zane Smith, Denny Hamlin
- Row 10: Harrison Burton, Ryan Preece
- Series 11: William Byron, Noah Gragson
- Series 12: Ross Chastain, Daniel Suarez
- Row 13: Erik Jones, Tyler Reddick
- Row 14: Austin Dillon, Justin Haley
- Row 15: AJ Allmendinger, Chase Briscoe
- Row 16: Ricky Stenhouse Jr., BJ McLeod
- Row 17: Ty Gibbs, Conor Daly
- Row 18: Cody Ware, Kyle Busch
- Series 19: Tyler Dillon, Riley Herbst
- Row 20: Jimmie Johnson, Travis Pastrana
Who has the fastest training times?
Jimmie Johnson was the fastest in practice one with a time of 46.338 and Brad Keselowski was the fastest in practice one with a time of 47.071.
Who is the 2022 NASCAR champion?
Joey Logano, driver of the #22 Shell Pennzoil Ford, crosses the finish line to win the NASCAR Cup Series Bluegreen Vacations Duel #1 at Daytona International Speedway on February 16, 2023 in Florida. (Jared C Tilton/Getty Images)
Joey Logano won the title last season and heads into the year as the defending champion.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Who has the most Daytona 500 wins?
Richard Petty has the most wins at the track with seven. Denny Hamlin has the most wins among active drivers with three. Dale Jarrett is the last driver to win from pole back in 2000.